Visa Wellington On a Plate will be back 10-26 August 2018
It’s not just one day. It’s not just one location. It’s a region-wide culinary takeover.
Wellington warms up in Winter with 17 days of food related fun when Visa WOAP (we pronounce it woah-app) will take over 10-26 August 2018. Wellington’s restaurants, venues, laneways and carparks are host to wild celebrations of food and beverage through exclusive set menus, burgers, cocktails, unforgettable events and pop ups.
Craft your visit by choosing from over 100 foodie events, with everything from free ‘rock-on-up’ street stalls and exhibitions, to multi-course degustations.
- Be quick! Ticketed events go on sale in June and sell like hotcakes.
- Pop ups (non ticketed events and pay on consumption) are on throughout the Festival - show up and have a good time!
Discover why Wellington is called the culinary capital as chefs go next level with exclusive special menus from hundreds of participating restaurants, cafes, bars and food trucks. Book your table to avoid disappointment!
- Dine menus and festival dishes. Enjoy limited time set menus as grills and bistros go head to head with cafes and fine dining to offer the best Festival Dish main course, with the option to pair with a glass of wine, beer or perhaps a locally-inspired lighter beverage.
- Burgers. With so many burgers to choose from (and many matched to Garage Project beers), it’s an impossible challenge to get through them all.
- Cocktails. Start or finish off a night out with a special cocktail and matching tapas offer from our talented restaurants and bars.